February 14, 2012

The devil's work: Socks

I can count on one hand how many times in a year I wear socks.  I don't like them.  As an adult, I love that I can make the big girl choice to not wear them.  (Living in a snowy area, I do keep a spare pair of socks and tennis shoes in the car for emergencies, I'm a bright cookie.)

My issue with socks...they strangle your feet.  They never stay in the same place.  They slowly shift in your shoe in a plot to destroy your feet.  Doesn't matter what kind of sock you're wearing, it will plan your demise.  Death by foot confusion and strangulation.

My feet want to be free.  Free to skip and dance and spin in fields of flowers while birds sing and mice make dresses for me and my fairy godmother...oh wait, sorry about that.

Taking this one step further, I'm pretty sure that socks will steal your soul.  As will turtlenecks.  Okay, that might not be true, but why chance it?

3 comments:

  1. I love barefootin' it. I wear minimalists shoes with no socks when I run. I think this summer I will try completely barefoot running. Turtlenecks are evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I could count on you to understand. I've heard that those shoes take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. The first time I went out for a run in them I hurt my hip because my foot rolled on a rock. Boo! So I spent a month walking/hiking in them. And running never felt more free! They're wide in the toe to let them spread naturally. Check'em out : http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Womens-Glove-Barefoot-Running/dp/B0050SN2I4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329358458&sr=8-1

      Delete